All tea comes from the same plant - camellia sinensis - but the ways the leaves are handled after picking give birth to the Six Types of Tea: Black, Green, White, Yellow, Oolong, and Pu'er (or Dark Tea). This sample set gives you a taste of each, to explore for yourself how the different techniques create myriad different flavors, aromas, and energetic effects.
This sampler includes six (6) loose leaf teas. Each tea is 10 grams, enough for 3-4 tea times. These teas can be brewed many times before discarding the leaves.
Included in this set:
- Black Tea: Rosy-fingered Dawn - Assam Black Tea from Chota Tingrai Estates - bold, with a fruity sweetness that lingers.
- Green Tea: Cookie-cha - Made from roasted stems of green tea, kukicha has very low caffeine, while retaining all of the traditional health benefits of tea. The roast gives it a nutty, sweet flavor, with a thick and creamy texture.
- White Tea: Wild White Longevity - Aged shou mei from old trees in Fujian, China; yields an energetic tea with minty / cooling notes.
- Yellow Tea: The Diamond Cutter - The men huang ('yellowing') process brings out a more mellow flavor compared to green tea, with a honey-sweet aftertaste. True Yellow Tea is the rarest type of tea.
- Oolong Tea: Guan Yin's Origin - the original Tieguanyin ('Iron Goddess of Mercy') is one of the most famous oolong teas. Unroasted, it offers flowery flavor with a creamy texture.
- Dark Tea: Golden Flower (Fu Cha) - Dark Tea is fermented and aged, bringing out rich flavors of ancient forests, and it is said to aid in digestion. The golden flowers of this tea add a strongly floral aroma.